- Glamour UK: What do you get riled up about in a feminist context?
- Gillian Anderson: A lot. I have feminist bones and when I hear things or see people react to women in certain ways I have very little tolerance.
- Glamour UK: But don't you feel sorry for modern men? Not knowing whether they should help us with our bags and open doors for us or whether we'll see it as an affront?
- Gillian Anderson: No. I don't feel sorry for men.
- Smuts were known as lemons
- Yaoi Warnings ( Don’t Like, Don’t Read! )
- Character x Character instead of Character/Character
- Every Time We Touch videos, and the forgotten Listen To Your Heart videos
- Numa Numa
- Naruto Phase
- Bring Me To Life amv’s
- citrus and lime warnings
- when fanfiction.net still allowed porn
- when fanfiction.net still allowed original writing before the great fictionpress split
- when livejournal was invite-only
- cardcaptors a mystic adventure
- aim roleplay
- when everyone had their own little fansites on geocities, angelfire, and tripod
- character-bashing fic and anti-shrines
- fanfic MSTing
- save our sailors
- the word “bishies”
- AOL message boards
- tinny background MIDIs on every page
- "this page coded with notepad" and netscape buttons
- "this page best viewed at 800x600"
- "under construction" pages
- yahoo mailing lists
- fansubs only available on the subber’s IRC channel
- fansubs only available if you send $30 for a VHS tape
- no official release whatsoever for Japanese media
- fanworks, especially fic, of Western media, especially print media, considered illegal and met with C&Ds
- the gap between Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix
- The Sentinel/Highlander/X-Files crossovers
- "this is part of the [fandom/ship/etc] webring"
- printing fics out because it feels more permanent
Ask Willie D, Houston Press, 17 July 2014:Dear Willie D: I met a young lady who is 23 years old with two kids. We have been seeing each other for about three months and I still have not rounded the bases, if you know what I mean. We were kissing one night and when I tried to take it further, she told me the next time she has sex it will be with the man she marries. I think she is full of s—-. She got pregnant twice by two men who never married her, and didn’t give a damn about her, or her kids. She’s also been with five other men — so she says. Now I come along and do all the right things: treat her good, buy her nice things, and take her out, and she wants to act like Sweet Polly Purebred. I really like her a lot, but I’m not ready for marriage. At the same time I’m a man and I have needs. Should I dump her, or hang in there and see where things go from here?
Literally every woman who has ever had sex before in her life personally owes it to you to have sex with you as well. Sex is something that women owe men who buy them things, because sex is a transaction and women’s bodies are currency.
It’s too bad that this ignorant broad can’t see how much better you are than all those entitled users she dated before who didn’t give a damn about what she wanted.
Thanks for your kind words. *Hugs* to all of you.